Arup’s Americas region board recently announced a number of staff promotions to associate and associate principal level.
The following individuals have been named associate principal.
- Alban Bassuet is an acoustics, audiovisual & theatre consultant in New York. Alban pioneered the Arup SoundLab®, which has now been replicated in 10 offices worldwide.
- Joshua Cushner leads the acoustics, audiovisual & theatre consulting practice in San Francisco. He has focused his career on increasing the value of his technical input through integrated design thinking, applied research, and harnessing advanced simulation tools such as the SoundLab.
- Matt Jackson, PE, SE is a structural engineer in New York. He leads the structural design of many technically challenging and innovative projects, with a particular focus on those that are geometrically complex.
- Jason Krolicki, PE is a structural engineer in San Francisco. With 15 years’ experience, Jason’s portfolio spans a wide range of projects, from giant observation wheels to mixed-use high-rise structures, university buildings, hospitals, and office buildings
“In the words of our founder, Ove Arup, no matter how wonderful an organization we can devise, its success depends on the people working in it.” Mahadev Raman, Americas region board chairman
- Peter Matusewitch, PE is a structural engineer and the practice leader for the New York bridges and civil structures group. Since joining Arup in 2004, he has demonstrated his expertise in structural design, design management, rehabilitation, planning studies, cost estimates, and risk analysis of bridges and civil structures in conventional, design-build and public-private partnership procurement formats, leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Sara Paul, CPSM, LEED AP guides Arup’s marketing, communications, client engagement, and corporate communications activities across the Americas region. As a leader of the regional marketing and business development team, she provides-high level marketing and communications strategy, with a focus on client relationships, firm visibility, and strategic positioning. Sara is based in San Francisco.
- Sarah Rosen is human resources leader in San Francisco, managing the HR teams and delivery of programs for the San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Houston offices. She is responsible for employee relations, talent management, and resourcing in her respective locations and sits as an HR advisor on the regional practice executives.
The following staff members have been promoted to associate level.
- Jackie Coburn is an airport planner with varied experience in strategic masterplanning, facility programming, terminal design, and project management. Since joining in Toronto in 2007, she has worked on aviation projects in Canada, the USA, Europe, South America, and the Middle East.
- Joseph Collins, PE, SE is a structural engineer with 10 years’ experience on a range of project types including universities, airports, civic buildings, hospitals, offices, and mixed-use public buildings.
- Tristan Cooke, PE, LEED AP joined the San Francisco office in 2012. A civil engineer, he specializes in managing integrated service projects including urban design, low-impact development (LID), quality assurance and quality control, and complex problem-solving ranging from strategic planning to execution though construction.
- Huseyin Darama, PhD, PE is a structural and seismic engineer in Los Angeles. He specializes in seismic isolation, performance-based design, nonlinear earthquake response analysis, and the evaluation and rehabilitation of existing structures. He has 14 years’ consulting experience and has worked in North America, the UK, Japan, and Turkey.
- Jin Fan, PE, PMP, LEED AP is a key member of the New York project control group. She is a project controls/commercial manager for large, multidisciplinary infrastructure projects.
- Orion Fulton, MBA, LEED AP is a transaction advisor with 13 years’ professional experience at the intersection of planning, real estate development, and project finance, creating value for clients through sustainable development. Since joining Arup in 2009 in San Francisco, he has focused on bringing together the technical, commercial, and financial aspects of projects, allowing clients to better manage risks, explore innovative solutions, and ultimately implement the best projects possible.
- Tamara Gray, PE, LEED AP is an electrical engineer in Washington DC. Her experience includes federal and state government, healthcare, mixed-use, retail, laboratory, college and university, museum, residential, data center, and assisted living projects.
- Lena Holohan, associate general counsel, started her career in the London legal team, where she qualified as a solicitor. Lena is responsible for providing legal counsel to the west coast offices, with a focus on design-build endeavours.
- Doug Kingham is a project manager with Arup’s program and project management practice. Since joining Arup in 2006, he has worked in Sydney, Hong Kong, and most recently New York.
- Zak Kostura, PE, a structural engineer with particular expertise in high-performance structures, joined the New York office in 2003. He is currently working on the Fulton Center, and is involved in the rehabilitation of the existing outdated structure as well as the structural design of new underground pedestrian connections to rapid transit terminals at the World Trade Center.
- Gary LaMonica, PE is an electrical engineer in New York. His areas of focus are on developing electrical skills and delivering complex projects. His expertise includes short circuit, coordination, and arc flash hazard analysis; medium- and low-voltage distribution; fire alarm systems; and the design of emergency systems, with specific attention to redundancy and reliability.
- Sherazad Mehta, PE joined the New York office in 2001 as a civil engineer. With over 16 years’ experience, he brings a diverse set of skills, both in the design office and onsite, that spans all phases of project delivery.
- Anne Marie Moellenberndt, PE, LEED AP is a mechanical engineer in Seattle. Her interests include sustainability and energy-efficient design, both through mechanical system design and working with architects and other designers to improve overall building performance.
- Jordan O’Brien, MBA, LEED AP has 11 years’ real estate experience. He joined us in 2010 in San Francisco, and provides strategic sustainability advice to clients, ensuring fiscal concerns and performance expectations are respected.
- Robert Pallmann, PE joined the New York structural engineering group in 2002. Located in in Los Angeles, he is responsible for the design and project management of building engineering projects for institutional, public sector, and private sector clients, both in the US and internationally.
- Dan Peluso, CE, GE has 27 years’ experience in planning and managing geotechnical investigations and construction monitoring. Recent notable projects include the Fresno SR-180 braided ramp connections and a large confidential campus, both in California.
- Eric Rivers, AICP is a transportation planner focusing on pedestrian-scale environments. Based in New York, he helps designers determine the right scale, shape, layout, and operations for buildings, infrastructure, and urban spaces.
- Varanesh Singh, PE joined us in New York in 1999. As a transportation engineer, his focus combines areas of planning, traffic engineering, and civil engineering, with a concentration in vehicular movement analysis.